With kaze busy rushing his work, it’s me and my poor title naming sense again! Although slightly late *cough*, now that more solid information is available, I’m here to report on the 3 new vocaloids and 2 voiceroids, all slated to be released on 4 December 2009 by AH-Software. The image above is by kl@ san.
The new 2nd generation vocaloids are SF-A2 code name Miki, who will be featuring in the VOCALOIDS★Xmas album, and a new forbidden-love pair of teacher and loli student, Hiyama sensei and Yuki-tan. Not that I have anything against new vocaloids being churned out so fast (it’s definitely a good thing for fan artists and fanfic writers), but whoaa.. at this rate we’ll really need a tekken-style vocaloid battle royale game, so vocaloids from different companies can slug it out at each other to determine the str⑨ngest vocaloid!! I’m rooting for yuki-tan!!! Card game/Manga/Anime can follow. We’ll call it Vocaloid Blades and make it really pervy. uhuh
That aside, the 2 voiceroids are more or less an advanced japanese MSagent text to speech softwares, which come in the personality of a 5-yr old loli Tsukuyomi Ai chan, and a 7-yr old shota Tsukuyomi Shouta kun (apparently a Tetsujin 28-go reference).
So without further ado, here’s a summary of the new vocaloids/voiceroid to be released this coming December. Just how big a piece of the vocaloid market pie can these garner is surely anybody’s guess.
- NEW VOCALOIDS
- SF-A2 Code name Miki – with voice samples from Furukawa Miki (formerly with supercar) possibly from her collaboration with Saihate’s producer, onyxP. Miki is set to be a futuristic android pop singer character with a strong resemblance to Topless/Buster Machine no. 7 Nono-chan.
Suitable tempo: 70-170
Suitable note range: E2-G4
- Vocaloid Sensei (teacher) – Hiyama Kiyoteru - Sorry, I can’t help but relate this character to Aoki from kodomo no jikan. His profile mentions he plays in a rockband, Ice mountain during the weekends. So maybe he’s cool, unlike aoki. *cough*
Suitable tempo: 60-160
Suitable note range: C2-G3
- Vocaloid Shougakusei (grade/primary school student) – Kaai Yuki - Why I left her last? Cuz she’s the ONLY new vocaloid you actually need to remember!! Forget the above, this is it! I don’t care if her voice is not that unique or anything, this adorable 9-year old yuki chan is the NEW VOCALOID STAR!!! I wouldn’t mind if she takes over Miku’s spot as the most popular vocaloid. omg, i love loli-loid so much. Her height puzzles me slightly though, it says big apple 10 .. o.o; new york 10? A friend said this could be a reference to japanese parcel size, that’ll be around 105 cm.
Suitable tempo: 50-150
Suitable note range: F2-C4
- – at 15,750 yen each (~175 USD) without amazon discount
- at 9,800 yen each (~109 USD), but package (both included) price at 17,800 yen (198 USD) without amazon discount
- Tsukuyomi Ai – 5-yr old ideal loli voice, this is definitely the voice you want to have reading your final year project presentation. Imagine the professors getting all soft and giving you A+. Videos of voice samples uploaded to youtube can be found below.
- Tsukuyomi Shouta – 7-yr old oniichan of Ai, shouta has a cute shota voice that makes me want to bully him and huggle him at the same time. Aa.. wrong dirty thoughts
[amazon.co.jp packaged with loli sister] – you and I both know shouta wouldn’t sell otherwise. :p
Currency Conversions based on Friday Nov 13, 2009 closing value of 1.11362 USD to 100 yen
Links from vocaloid blog post entry 4622
Image from Gigazine. Sorry Miki, you look a little out of place there.
Don’t be sad, here’s a pair of cherries.
Image by kl@ san
Update: Apparently as the anti-loli, enemy-of-2chan/otaku Agnes Chan (former 80s idol now ambassador of Japan’s NGO committee supporting UNICEF) is likely to be scrutinizing poor Yuki-tan, a yuki-tan cover of Agnes Chan’s Try Again translated in Japanese (about half of the song only) was uploaded to nico early Saturday. Luka had also previously covered this song back in February and her voice is used for part of the chorus.
Aoki Hiyama sensei is left to sing with this slow rock ballad: Seichi (Holy Land) Jerusalem
Furthermore, Gigazine has uploaded some voice samples for the voiceroid on youtube last Tuesday.
Ai chan sample 1
Yeah.. it’s the “Sensei anone” loli talking style plus the age-old 2chan meme ”Oniichan, doushite hatarakanai no? (Oniichan, why aren’t you working)” with an ojichan (uncle)
plus an interesting PM hatoyama twist
Oo. loli tsundere… which anime is this from XD i’m sure i’ve heard these lines before
Sorry, shota shouta kun, I have no interest in your voice samples..
Anyway, one of the first things that came up in mind when seeing these new vocaloids and that pic above by kl@ san was yuki-tan and hiyama sensei doing a cover of the duet “ai no lolita” (Nanako SOS).
And perhaps coincidentally, the loli competition have forced Crypton to reconsider the importance of its Project If.., thereby creating a new twitter account in crypton’s latest progress report on the IF vocaloids were loli, they’d sell 10000 times more project .
- Information Sources:
- ITmedia article
- Vocaloid blog entries
- Gigazine article - comprehensive information
- AH Software
Other blog entry on the new vocaloids
*sigh* missed the marisa EX plushie.. will have to wait for the restock .. sad